Bitumen Testing Equipments
Marshall Stability Test Apparatus
|Temperature||60 deg C|
|Voltage||230 V A.C|
|Compaction Rammers Weight||4.5 kg|
|Specimen mould||10.16 cm I.D. x 7.6 cm|
|Dial gauge||0.01 x 25 mm|
|Thermometer||0-250 C x 1 C|
- Compact design
- Easy usage
- Fine finish
- Generally the test is applicable to hot mix designs using bitumen and aggregates upto a maximum size of 25mm.
- In this method, the resistance to plastic deformation of cylindrical specimen of bituminous mixture is measured when the same is loaded at periphery at 5cm per min.
- This test procedure is used in designing and evaluating bituminous paving mixes.
- The test procedure is extensively used in routine test programmers for paving jobs.
- There are two major features of the Marshall method of designing mixes namely. a) densityvoids analysis, b) Stability-flow tests.
- The Marshall stability of mix is defined as a maximum load carried by a 0 compacted specimen.
- Item Code: ASI-110
Smoke Density Apparatus
|Heat source||25 KW/m2 or 50 KW/m2|
|Absorbance Scale||0 - 100%|
|Size||300 x 300 x 790 mm|
|Power Supply||230 V AC|
Smoke Density Apparatus offered meets demands of measuring optical density of smoke upon certain thick specimen. Some of its features include:
- Widely used in assessing characteristics of vehicle interior and inflammable cables
- Integrated designs
- Auto open ventilation to control exhaust more efficiently
- Teflon coated inside for easy cleaning and corrosion resistant usage
- Digital display of smoke optical transmittance and density
- Pre-heated apparatus for quick start up and accurate data acquiring
- Safe blowout panel for safety
- Weighing sensor for enabling mass loss rate accurately
Viscometric Water Bath
|Accuracy||+/- 1 deg C|
|Dimension||12 x 12 x 14 mm|
|Operating Temperature||1000 C|
|Heating power||1500 W|
Rectangular water bath, double walled construction, inside the reservoir of stainless steel, outer body mild steel with insulation in between, supplied with a lid having one hole of 12.5cm dia. and four holes of 7.5cm dia. provided with a glass window on the side.
Accessories: Viscometer holder for 4 nos. Viscometers and viscometer tray.
Note: Water baths having higher capacities can be supplied prices on request.
- Item Code: ASI-1117
Universal Water Bath
|Working Size||30 X 22.5 X 17.5 40 X 30 X 17.5 cm|
|External Size||40 X 30.5 X 22.5 50 X 35 X 22.5|
|Outer material||Mild steel|
|Inner material||Stainless steel|
|Temperature Range||Ambient to 99 C|
Single walled body made out of full stainless steel, polished sheet, temperature 7 C above ambient to 0 boiling point of water 1 C by thermostatic arrangement. These baths are useful for heating Marshal specimen. A false button of S.S having holes is provided over the heating element.
Available in the following sizes and accessories : (a) 12”L x 9” W x 7”H having rating of 750 W., (B) 18” L x 12”W x 7”H having rating 1500W. 1. Pyramid lid for size (a) 12” L x 9” W x 7” H, (b) 18” L x 12”W x 7”H. Supplied without the thermometer, suitable for 230volts. A.C. single phase.
- Item Code: ASI-1114
Ductility Testing Apparatus
|Temperature Range||5 to 30 deg C|
|Rate||50 mm/minute -2.5 mm per minute|
|Range||23 C to 27 C|
|Movement Speed||5,0.2 RPM|
- Tough construction
- Minimal maintenance cost
- Easy to use
- In flexible pavement construction, bitumen binders are used. It is important that bituminous material forms ductile thin film around the aggregates, which serves as a binder
- The binder material not of sufficient ductility renders previous pavement surface and leads to development of cracks
- Therefore it is important to carry out the ductility tests on bituminous material. Ductility is defined as distance in cms
- The apparatus consists of a Water bath with a thermostatic heater, and a circulating pump to maintain uniform water temperature.
- One half of the briquette moulds in fixed on a fixed plate in the water bath, the other half of the briquette mould is fixed to a carrier which slides over a rotating threaded shaft with a clutch.
- The motor and gears to rotate the shaft are housed in a cabinet fixed above the other and of the bath.
- Control switches for motor, stirrer, heater and indicator lamps are fixed at a convenient place on the water bath.
- Item Code: ASI-105